Aromatherapy is used by most people due to its variety of benefits. In fact, it’s used it in the United States and England as an option of alternative medicine. Here are the top ten advantages of Aromatherapy that convince people to embracing it:
10. Aromatherapy’s Medical qualities: The techniques of aromatherapy are very essential in France because physicians use them in complementing the traditional methods of giving the body its needs. Here, some oils are used in targeting some harmful organisms in the body system so as to avoid bacterial and fungal diseases. Eucalyptus and menthol are some of the few aromatic chemicals that have proven to be very effective in alleviating symptoms of complications such as colds or chest problems.
9. Aromatherapy relieves stress: Aromatherapy has been used in very many quarters as a way of lessening or relieving stress symptoms in people. For instance, a therapist can use basil oil in calming down a depressed patient’s nerves.
8. Aromatherapy and Behavior: Due to the fact that aromatherapy can improve the condition of the mind, it certainly will help in influencing behavioral changes. Studies have shown that some aromas such as lavender tend to calm down the nerves of most animals including humans in a great way.
7. Aromatherapy for improving sleep: Studies have also shown that most of the elderly persons are more likely to sleep deeply or with ease when exposed to aromas like lavender. So, an elderly person with a sleeping disorder shouldn’t be dependent on sleeping pills but sleep very comfortably with the help of the aromatic oils.
6. Aromatherapy for relieving Postpartum Discomforts: Researches have shown that women can reduce their postpartum discomfort when the aromatic oils like lavender are gently applied on the perineal area.
5. Aromatherapy for Healing Colds: People believe that drinking hot chicken soup or lemon juice cures colds. The effectiveness of such aromatic cures is achieved when a patient inhales the steam of the aromas! This shows how the aromas can reduce symptoms on certain illnesses.
4. Aromatherapy for improving male sexual responses: Treatment of the male sexual organ with pumpkin pie and lavender oils has been proved to be very effective in improving circulation to the organ. The studies conducted on the behavioral changes on men showed that older men reacted more positively with vanilla aromas. Therefore, this is a viable alternative to solving most men’s sexual problems.
3. Aromatherapy for improved alertness: The fact that aromas like rosemary can make the frontal alpha and beta power more positive means that it can actually make someone more alert. This can help greatly in improving an individual’s ability to do math computations.
2. Aromatherapy for managing pain: Clove bud is potent oil that is used by most people in reducing pains. However, some people dilute and use it for massage or as an additive to their body lotions.
1. Aromatherapy for Healing Wounds: People use tea tree oil for cleaning wounds before applying aromatic chemicals like helichrysum around the wound. This makes the wound heal faster.