We all loved to watch the cartoon shows when we were kids, some of the cartoon shows are still present somewhere in the minds of the people. Cartoons not only bringsa smile on the face, but these days the shows are based on different topics like education, society etc.
10. The Simpsons: It was the first show on the Fox Network and considered as one of the longest running television cartoon show. This show was based on the different aspects of the society, the human condition and the culture. The Simpsons proved that the “longevity was the reflection of popularity and quality” and had been around since 1987.
9. South Park: This show was based on and around the four boys, Eric Cartman, Kyle Broflovski, Kenny McCormick and Stan Marsh. It was on second position according to the interest of the audience and the show proved to be themost famous show after The Simpsons show.
8. Beavis and Butthead: Mike Judge created the pack of teenagers by combining the fun and the rock music. Mike created “Beavis and Butthead” in the year 1992 for MTV, but the show aired from 1992 and continued till 1997 and was revived in the year 2011. Though there were lots of critics involved in this show as, it showed the promoting dangerous behavior of boy’s and their tendency to truant.
7. Looney Tunes: Looney Tunewas the first cartoon show that kids got to watch back in its prime. There were many funny characters like Elmer Fudd, Sylvester, Tweety Bird, Wile E. Coyote, Tazmanian and Road Runner had made the show a big hit. Every child had his favorite cartoon character and to run 30 minute episode 3 clips of 6-10 minutes were used.
6. Futurama: It was a comedy based on thesituation of science fiction and one of the famous animated series ever made by Matt Groening (maker of the Simpsons). The Futurama was based on the adventurous activity of Philip J. He was a delivery boy of Fry a pizza. The show was on air from 1999 to 2003 and revived in 2008.
5. The Flintstones: Hanna-Barbera produced this show and it was shown on ABC from 1960 to 1966. This show was regarding a family and their neighborof next door who all live in the city of Bedrock with pre-historic animals like wooly mammoths, dinosaurs, and saber-toothed tigers.
4. Tom and Jerry: It wasan Oscar’s award winning show based on the rivalry of a cat (Tom) and mouse (Jerry). It was one of the most popular cartoon shows of all time and still telecasted in some nations.
3. SpongeBob Square Pants: This show was produced by Stephen Hillenburg, and was highly rated on the Nickelodeon network. SpongeBob was a sea sponge that owned a snail called Gary, the show made its debut in the year 1999 and based on the adventures of SpongeBob and his friends in the city of Bikini Bottom located underwater.
2. King of the Hill: This show was based on a Methodist middle class family that belonged to Arlen, a fictional town in Texas known as the Hills. “King of Hill” was telecasted from the year 1997 and continued till 2010 and was named by the Time Magazine as one of the 100 greatest shows ever.
1. Steve Spielberg Presents Animaniacs: This show was aired from the year 1993 to 1998 and also famous as “Animaniacs”. It was based on the educational element, because it covered many topics from math, history, science, geography etc.