There are so many Bollywood actors from same house shared the silver screen together. In-laws, siblings or sometimes children acted together in several remarkable movies that etched on our minds. Here are the names of top ten movies in which real life star family members performed together in reel life too.
10. Yamla Pagla Deewana and its Sequel: The name of this film was taken from one of the famous song of Dharmendra. It’s a comedy film in which Dharmendra (father) and his both sons Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol have acted together. Yamla Pagla Deewana is second movie this trio acted together. The first movie this Deol family acted together was Apne and after the Yamla Pagla Deewana became hit on the silver screen, they again came together in its sequel.
9. Dabangg – 1 & 2: A super hit movie of Khan Brothers, Salman Khan and Arbaz Khan, where they acted as half brothers. The producer of this blockbuster movie is Arbaz Khan. They were present in its sequel too.
8. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: This movie was the directorial debut of Karan Johar and was a major blockbuster in India and abroad. It was a romantic film in which second cousins Rani Mukherji and Kajol were the two lead heroines.
7. Munnabhai MBBS: This is a super hit movie in which Sanjay Dutt acted alongside his father, late Sunil Dutt. The father-son pair portrayed a wonderful chemistry on-screen.
6. Patiala House: It is a Hindi drama where Dimple Kapadia, the real life mom-in-law of Akshay Kumar played the role of his mother. This movie was co-produced by Twinkle Khanna, Dimple’s daughter and Akshay’s wife.
5. Bunty Aur Babli: Another hit film where the real life family members shared silver screen together. In this film, Abhishek Bachhan and Amitav Bachhan (son and father) played their characters as a conman and police officer; and Aishwarya Rai Bachhan (Abhishek’s wife) as a guest artist.
4. Haseena Maan Jayegi: Don’t confuse it with Govinda and Sunjay Dutt’s movie of the same name. This is an old Bollywood film casting Babita, mother of Karishma and Kareena Kapoor. It is a 1968 movie where she was seen opposite Shashi Kapoor, her real life uncle-in-law. These two pairs were quite popular those days on silver screen.
3. Eklavya: The Royal Guard: Though this movie failed to impress the box office, but it is in the list due to the real life and reel fife combination. In Eklavya, the real life mom of Saif Ali Khan, Mrs Sharmila Tagore, also played his reel life mom.
2. Bhoot: This is a hit horror movie of Ram Gopal Verma. In this horror flick, Tanuja and Ajay Devgan acted together. In real life they share son-in-law and mother-in-law relationship.
1. Naam: This is a Sanjay Dutt movie, released in 1986, in which he shared the silver screen along with Kumar Gaurav who, in real-life, is his brother-in-law. He also acted in other films with him later like Kaante etc.