You have been with each other long before you had a boyfriend and a girlfriend. You have been sharing secrets and giving each other tips and pieces of advice in all aspects of life.
Whether it is about giving thanks to your friends or just describing how you feel for them, these friendship songs describe what a true friend is and how lucky one is of they found one. You can dedicate these songs to your friends, maybe burn a CD of these songs to give to them as gifts or to listen to whenever they need a friend or just to reminisce. These songs are also perfect to play on reunions.
10. Whenever you call by Mariah Carey – This song comes with a promise that you will always be there for your friend and that wherever you are, you are just a call away. This song proves that friendship can still remain even when two persons are far from each other.
9. I’ll be there by The Jacksons – This song was revived by Mariah Carey and Trey Lorenz. This song sings about the things that a true friend should be willing to do for their friend. A true friend is always there, and protects their friend from pain and loneliness.
8. I feel you by Three Doors Down – “I feel you” is a song that gives thanks to a friend who remained one even though other people have turned their backs on their friend. This shows that value of loyalty in friendship. It also talks about how a person appreciates it a lot when they have a friend who listens to them whenever they have something to say or whenever they need to share how they feel.
7. I Promise by Stacie Orrico – In this song, Stacie sings about a true friend’s promise to turn the world around in times when everything seems to go wrong for a friend. It mentions undesirable instances such as getting sick, being alone, and sadness. It promises a friend that their friendship will grow more and more each day, just like her love for her friend.
6. Count on me by Whitney Houston – Being able to count on each other is one of the greatest things about friendship and this song comes with a promise that true friends will never let you face problems and hardships alone. This tells a friend that he or she should not be afraid.
5. Remember me this way by Jordan Hill – From the original soundtrack of Casper, the Friendly Ghost movie, this song sings about well wishes for someone who has been a very good friend for a long time. This is about a friendship that is tested by time. This song is perfect for separation brought about by graduation, when a friend will be moving to another place, or any other events that will cause friends to be far from each other.
4. I’m gonna be around by Michael Learns to Rock – This song is perfect for friends who have been with each other for a long time. It promises a friend that he or she will always be with that friend both in good and bad times.
3. Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C – With the title of the song, this is perfect for graduations. However, it is also appropriate for other times of separation as well. The song sings about different experiences and moments shared with friends and a promise that their friendship will remain no matter where life takes them. It also asks questions, wondering what will change about them.
2. At your side by The Corrs – At your side is where real friends should be in times of need. This song promises the same and also sings about helping a friend whenever he or she is in need including making important decisions.
1. Hold you down by Jennifer Lopez featuring Fat Joe – This song enumerates different instances when a friend has been there for you. It shows how a true friend will be there for you even when you have nothing to give him or her back. It also promises that these thoughts and acts of genuine friendship will be reciprocated if ever there will be a time that the situations will be reversed.