Life without hobbies is like a garden without flowers. It’s a hobby that keeps the mundane routineness away, brings joy and makes living better. But we mostly stay away from pursuing our hobbies as they seem to be costlier. You will be glad to know that all the hobbies out there are not going to burn holes in pocket; some are less expensive yet fun pastime too. We have dug a bit deep to find out what those hobbies are which do not rob you off your hard-earned money. So here they are – the top 10 hobbies which are not swanky. Now, you are thinking that these hobbies must lack the ‘interesting’ quotient; hence they are less-pricier. Hold on your thoughts for the next few minutes before you finish this article.
1. Hiking: All you need is a group of hiking enthusiasts apart from the rucksack, hiking boots and some suitable clothes. And you are on for a mountain trekking. You may also rent camping tents and save 1000 bucks for luxury accommodation. Now, explore the unknown trails and live life to the fullest.
2. Reading: Who said reading books is for the riches? Just grab a membership of your local or town library and it will give you access to a world full of books. Read as much as you can against a nominal membership fee. You may also hit the roadside bookstalls which resell pre-loved books.
3. Blogging: All you need is just a computer or laptop or smartphone or tablet and a stable internet connection to get started with this. Now, you can spend all those lazy hours writing, posting, writing, and again posting.
4. Doing social services: If you are a philanthropist who wants to do something for this world to make it a better place to live in, start doing social services as nothing can be a fulfilling hobby for you. There are thousands of NGOs working for the unprivileged citizens where you can join.
5. Knitting: It is meant for the womenfolk who can spend their lazy hours knitting some nice woolen clothes for dear ones. The balls of yarn and hook set will cost you anything under $50.
6. Learning: This hobby has become almost next to free after the emergence of internet. Now, we have Wikipedia and millions of online resources which can feed us with an endless stream of information and knowledge.
7. Play free games: Here you are spoiled of choices. Pick anything from the never-ending list of free online games and kill as much time as you want.
8. Coach or train: If you are skilled in some sports or games, start coaching the new generation and pass on the baton. You are paying nothing for it; instead you may earn some bucks too.
9. Bird watching: Now, who can charge you for that? Get a pair of binoculars and spend your spare time with these lovely creations of our mother nature.
10. Exercising: Do yoga or sit-ups or bench-press or anything that suits you on a regular basis. This kind of hobby is great for health too.