A lot of things are hidden from us in the depth of oceans, but here are some of the disclosed facts really helpful in enhancing the knowledge about underwater creatures.
10. Viperfish: It is one of the wickedest looking sea monsters usually found at 80-1600 meters mile down in the oceans. Viperfish and many other deep ocean fish species don’t have any color of their bodies they’re transparent. Viperfish’s have enlarged eyes, for gathering as much light as possible where there is no or little light. Its light organs create lights by using a chemical process called bioluminescence.
9. Fang tooth: This is menacing or strange looking creature that inhabits the deep waters and also known as “Anoplogaster cornuta”. This fish got the name Fang tooth, because of its sharp and dang liked teeth. This fish is commonly found in tropical ocean regions throughout the world and eats almost everything available under water.
8. Dragonfish: This fish is found in deep waters and also has photospheres along the sides of its body. Dragonfish grow about 6 inches and is one of the strange looking creatures of the water world with its large head and sharp teeth. This fish prey fishes from deep ocean water.
7. Angler: This deep water living Angler is also known as the Melanocetusjohnsoni and it has a round body like a basketball. The most interesting fact about the creature is that, both the male and female Angler is different in appearance and size. Male has a hook shaped teeth to attach with female Angler in order to get complete nourishment for its living, if the male did not succeed in attachment then he died of starvation.
6. Gulper Eel: It is considered as one of the strange looking creatures in the deep water living organisms. Its stomach is stretchable and suitable for digesting a large sized meal. The most notable thing of the Gulper Eel is its mouth, which can open swallow an animal have double in its size.
5. Giant Squid: It is a member of octopus family and a mystery till now, because no one seen this creature alive in the world. These Squid are carnivores and eat everything they found.
4. Giant Isopod: It is the largest member of the Isopod family; it is very similar to bugs commonly found in gardens. It can be found all over the world at the depth of 2000 feet and are prehistoric in appearance.
3. Coffinfish: This fish is also known as B. melanostomus and has a black mouth covered with spines. It is normally 10cm in size and found in East Indian Ocean at the depth of 1300 to 2000 Om.
2. Vampire Squid: It has large fins that look like ears and can swim extremely fast, it reaches a speed of 2 body lengths per second and if the danger is so close it can escape through accelerate its speed up to 5 second and several quick turns also help it to get rid of enemies.
1. Long-nosed Chimaera: It is also known as “ghost shark”, and their single touches of dorsal fin can a person. It lives at the depth of 8,000 feet and its nose compares it with supersonic jet.