Our earth is endowed with such beautiful and mind blowing weird creatures that may never fail to astonish human beings. From animals, birds to butterflies, ants and even some trees, nature has some interesting wonders hidden in many of its creations. Here is a look at the top ten animals that might surprise us by their characters, funny or ugly features, found all over the world.
10. Kiwa hirsuta: Crab with silky and golden fur-like setae, a somewhat mismatch combination, is also known as “yeti crab”. It was discovered in South Pacific Ocean in 2005. Their hairy setae, covering their legs and claws, are used to detoxify toxic minerals present in the water where it lives.
9. Anglerfish: Their name comes from their characteristic style of predation in which a long and slender filament growing from its head acts as bait, which is similar to angling. They are found worldwide in deep sea or on the continental shelf.
8. Narwhal: Found in the Arctic, they are characterized by the presence of a straight and slender pointed tusk which is actually the upper canine. They are harvested for their ivory and meat.
7. Dumbo octopus: It is characterized by the presence of ear-like fins that protrude from the top of its head-like body, that bear a resemblance to the ears of the flying elephant Dumbo of Walt Disney.
6. Sun bear: It lives in the tropical rain forests in South East Asia. They are the smallest among the bear family with the biggest canines and the longest tongue which is about 18 inches. Their age is determined by examining their claws, since their claws grow throughout their lifetime.
5. Axolotl: Axolotls are water monsters with a funny structure originating from lakes. They are used in scientific research because of their capability to regenerate limbs. They are kept as pets in many countries such as Great Britain, Japan, United States and Australia.
4. Blob fish: They are ugly looking fish found in the deep sea of Australia and Tasmania. Because of their inaccessible habitats in the deep sea, they are rarely caught to the eyes of the humans. The gelatinous structure of the blob fish makes them look yucky.
3. Emperor tamarin: They are a species of tamarin named after German Emperor Wilhelm II because of their resemblance with him. They have a characteristic white mustache extending to both sides beyond their shoulders. Their fur is mainly grey in color with yellow speckles on chest. They have black hands and feet and a brown tail.
2. Angora rabbit: Angora rabbit is a cute and funny looking rabbit which is one of the oldest types of domesticated rabbits. They look like huge and soft cottony balls with small eyes. Back in 1700s they were quite popular as pets among the French Royalty and later in the other European nations. They are bred for their wool.
1. Komondor dog: The Komondor is one of the largest breeds of dog with their height over 30 inches. Their body is covered by a thick corded coat which resembles a mop, hence they are also known as ‘mop dogs’. They have a tough body with a short back and long legs. They are powerful breeds of dog that have a natural protector instinct of care taking livestock and other important properties