Here is a list of top ten adorable creatures available in the wild kingdom of nature.
10. Kiwi, the puffy bird: It is a puffy bird and an endangered species which is available only in New Zealand. It is one of the thickest feathered birds on earth. Their wings gradually become small which makes them almost flightless. However, they have strong-smelling power and consume variety of diets such as worms, berries, insects and leaves. The funniest thing is that they lay huge eggs.
9. Cute Pipefish: Pipefish is thin, snake-like, straight-bodied, salt water fish that belongs to the family of sea dragons and sea horses. Very few Pipefish are found in fresh water. They are toothless and have tiny mouth that opens upwards. Pipefish is a weak swimmer, however, a dorsal fin present on its body helps it in locomotion.
8. Giant Angora rabbit: These are giant shaped, fluffy rabbits. Angora rabbits are available in various breeds, some of them are recognised and some are not. Several cloths are manufactured from these Angora rabbit fur without harming them.
7. Adorable African Pygmy Hedgehog: These hedgehogs are imprecisely rodent-like mammals that belong to the family of Erinaceidae. They are filled with small and cute spines on their back which they use for their protection. African Pygmy Hedgehogs can be easily domesticated to homes.
6. Small European Mole: European Moles are small insectivorous animals that live life mostly in the underground tunnels. With poor eyesight, these European Moles feed insects, centipedes, mice, earthworms and shrews. They look cute with the cylindrical 5 inches long body covered with heavy fur.
5. Amazing Silky Anteater: Also known as pygmy anteater, these silky anteaters are cute, small and adorable, found in Central and South America. They live on the trees and are considered as the smallest anteaters on the earth. This golden coloured animal has sharp claws and a cute tail.
4. Puffer Fish: Cute yet world’s second most poisonous fish is Puffer fish and can be harmful to eat without proper preparation. This quite looking fish can easily change themselves into spherical and scary form in front of their enemies.
3. Cute Manatee: Manatee is one of the endangered aquatic species that belong to sea-life. They are herbivorous animals commonly known as “sea cows”. They measure up to 13 feet long and weigh around 590 kg. This marine animal has paddle-like flippers and has brownish gray hair colour. They are intelligent, good swimmers and reproduce once every two years.
2. Woolly Bear Caterpillar: This is the larva of Isabella tiger moth and is exceptionally cute one. These are long, furry and thick setae that eat only plants. They normally grow to moths within months. Woolly Bear Caterpillar can be found in several cold provinces that also includes the Arctic region.
1. Dwarf Hamster: These are small just like dwarf and adorable rodents, found mostly in China and Russia. They are friendly; generally live in groups and can easily become pets. If you are having Dwarf Hamster as your pet, take good care of their health.
Words – 511