Soup is usually skipped except on formal lunch or dinners. However, it is an important part of the complete meal, awakening your taste buds so it will be ready for more flavors. Here are the top ten most delicious soups that will make you remember that soups are not to be ignored.
10. Chilled Cucumber Soup. The refreshing properties of the cucumber, the creamy goodness of the Greek yogurt, and the kick of fresh lemon juice creates one tasty soup. Do not forget to garnish with croutons.
9. Ribollita. The thick, sour flavor of tomato with a hint of sweetness is neutralized by crusty chunks of bread. This tomato soup variation is perfect if you are looking for one with heavy flavor and textured element.
8. Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup. All the orangey goodness of butternut squash and carrots is an appetizing combination that will satisfy your need for a thick, warm soup. You can also roast some pumpkin seeds and sprinkle the crunchy seeds on the soup to add an interesting texture.
7. Celery-Root Soup with Truffled Croutons. For an ingredient that is usually used as garnish, croutons are truffled and made the star of this soup. The light leafy flavor of the celery, mixed with the creamy soup, brings out the sweetness of the truffled croutons leading to one scrumptious soup.
6. French Onion Soup. This is perhaps one of the most well-loved soup recipes all around the world. French Onion Soup is a great taste bud stimulant with its strong combination of flavors. The sweetness of the onions, the creaminess of the cheese, the flavor of the stock used – may it be vegetable, chicken, etc. and the taste enhancing pair – salt and pepper working with the butter makes it a yummy treat.
5. Tortellini Florentine Soup. This is a sure way to make pasta lovers enjoy soup. This creamy soup can even stand alone as breakfast or snack for some.
4. Fresh Tomato and Avocado Soup. This soup is probably the thickest of all. The rich flavor of the avocado mixed with the sourness and a bit of sweetness of tomato is an active war of tastes that explodes inside one’s mouth.
3. Zucchini Garlic Soup. The refreshing property of the zucchini mixed with the flavor of the garlic creates a soup that may look like a salad dressing but tastes spicy in all its creamy goodness. Your guests, family, or friends, will definitely ask for more.
2. Chicken and Tortilla Soup. The interesting colors of this soup will give you an insight of the funky flavors lying ahead. The small chunks of chicken and its flavor in the soup is a great base for the crispy tortilla, the herby flavor of the oregano, and the piquant chili.
1. All-American Cheeseburger Soup. With Ingredients like ground beef, cheese, onions, pickles, and ketchup, this is indeed, a soup version of the well-loved cheeseburger. It is a luscious, filling soup, that some people may even prefer over the real thing.