Today our modern society has a lot more choice regarding professions. However, some of these professions are quite dangerous, even claims life at work. Through this top 10 list you can take a look at some of the most unsafe professions present in the global market.
10. Profession as Trucker: Truckers used to transport different types of cargo from one point to another point of driving 18 long hours every day on roads and highways. Their driving includes multiple tonne trucks and trailers. It is considered as the most dangerous and unsafe profession because they had to face dangerous road-accidents regularly on highways during their transportation.
9. Job of a Pilot: As there are frequent accidents of aircrafts in past and present, the profession of a pilot is truly unsafe. They control the aircraft and are responsible for flying different types of aeroplanes and helicopters risking their own lives.
8. Occupation of a Coast Guard: They are the maritime safekeeping organisations and serve different responsibilities in different countries. As their responsibilities mostly include search and rescue functions in water, it is considered dangerous and can be fatal at times.
7. Profession as Mining: Mining is an industry in which millions of people work worldwide extracting precious minerals or other important resources from the earth. Digging broad underground tunnels and taking out the natural minerals of the earth can be true tough and hazardous. Miners encounter numerous accidents including health hazards like Black lung etc.
6. Profession of Roofing: Roofers are responsible to build and maintain roofs. They are also known as journeymen and tillers in some other countries. It is one of the most ancient vocations where a roofer has to work atop on ramshackle or semi-finished structures. Any slight whim of the elements can cause accidents and severe injuries to the person.
5. Police: As a police or Law Enforcement officer, one has to deal with several domestic threats ranging from chasing goons to fixing family issues or working on the sensitive issues of infiltration of different criminal organisations in a country. All these tasks are life-threatening and thus unsafe too.
4. Fire-fighters: The vocation of ‘fire-fighting’ is considered as dangerous due to the threats involved in fire-fighting. Thousands of fire-fighters die every year globally while performing their noble job.
3. Commercial fishers: The occupation of commercial fishing has always been a life threatening profession as they have to depend on sea for fishing. Every year tens and thousands of fishermen die worldwide at work due to sea cyclones and extreme bad weather.
2. Military: This is one of the most dignified and respected vocation globally which is broadly divided into three different sections named as army, navy and air force. However, this sensible career involves conflicts or direct battle with attackers which claim their lives.
1. Logging: This is another dangerous and life threatening profession. In only US, around 80 loggers die every year due to injuries while cutting huge trees or logging. You never know when a tree will fall on you.