You have read all those magazine pieces on why not to be anorexic and you have given it a thought. A loose diet of five months, and you already have put on a tad bit of weight on your body muscles. So you don’t look straight out from a famine-affected area and it puts a satisfied look on your face. But it seems grass is never greener on any side. As soon as you start looking healthier, you keep getting on new awkward reactions from college pals or co-workers. Here are the top 10 reasons that give you stomachache after you put on a bit weight.
1. Choosing something to wear confuses you horribly now. You cannot decide what can perfectly fit in your body as nothing exactly fits your structure. If you go for a dress bit shorter, your curves roll out. If you pick a baggy outfit, that makes you look more pathetic. You wonder what to wear.
2. You suddenly meet a school friend after pretty long time and she is like awestruck to see you. She screams on top of her voice in a crowded metro platform that how have you become so, and you instantly regret dismissing your idea of hiring a cab.
3. You hate going to shopping these days. Earlier you used to pick anything with an S tag. But now that does not go down well. Hence you need to move to the M tag which you hate the most. You don’t want to buy bigger clothes and you are optimistic about fitting into your old slim outfits one day.
4. You hate to stand in front of the mirror. It seems the mirror must have some real grudges against you as it always makes you look fatter. But there are those shopping store glassed walls which boost up your confidence. Now, you can smell sabotage.
5. You cannot stand dropping your clothes and standing in front of the bathroom mirror. Why on earth it has to be so rudely truthful about your curves? It tells the truth that you don’t want to hear.
6. Those days now haunt you when your friends and family used to make ‘fat’ jokes about you for being so skinny. Now, they give you that odd silence which is worst than those jokes. They were right in saying silence speaks when words can’t.
7. You notice people around you now only eat healthy stuffs when you are still sticking to your macaroni and chips. That gives your stomach a subtle shiver.
8. Suddenly all the same-sex people around you look skinnier. But the scenario was exactly the opposite when you used to be a member of the skinny club.
9. Whenever some stranger stares at you, the first thought hits your mind is “this man staring at me because I’m looking awkwardly fat?”
10. The idea of going for a date scares you to death. How can meet a new person in this figure? Hence you lock yourself up in your room wondering what to do.