Rice production is one of the main sources of financial stability and development of the nation. It is the main staple food in various countries of the world. There are two varieties of refined rice which are being cultivated in main countries in Asia are Oryza Sativa and Oryza glaberrima.
1. China: – China is the world’s biggest rice manufacturer about 193 million metric tons which can explain for as a large amount as 35% of whole world’s rice production. China is a main division of the countrywide economy in rice production. It is the world’s biggest producer of rice, with the harvest that makes up a small less than half of the country’s overall increase production. Total rice production came from four different crops in a given year.
2. India:-India is the world’s 2nd largest rice producing country and it contributes around 134 million metric tons which can be measured as a big amount as 20 % of whole world rice production. India has been the main supplier to the 33% GDP of the nation. Around 2/3 of employment in the country comes from the agriculture division.
3. Indonesia: – Currently Indonesia the 3rd biggest producer of rice in the world. The previous record of production shows that they have reached about 643,989 million of metric ton of rice.
4. Bangladesh:-It is the 4th biggest rice producer of about 48 million tons in the world. It plays an important role in the growth of the national economy. It has been the main supplier to the 28% GDP of the country.
5. Vietnam:-It is the 5th largest rice producer with the production of about 388.955 million of metric tone in the world and it is the second biggest exporter country and seventh biggest consumer of rice in the world.
6. Myanmar/Burma: – Myanmar is the 6th biggest rice producer of the rice and the production of the rice is around 326,820 million metric tons. It is the major producer in the nation, accounting for around 25% of the GDP and employing some 65% of the employment power.
7. Thailand:-It is the 7th largest rice producer and generates the production of around 314,629 million metric tones in the world. It has a physically powerful tradition of rice production. Thailand is the main producer in the nation, accounting for around 15% of the GDP and employing some 45% of the employment power.
8. Philippines:-Philippines are the 8th largest rice producer country in the world and it is also the biggest rice importer country in the world. The Philippines have a total production of rice around 162,664 million metric tons.
9. Brazil:-Brazil is the 9th biggest rice producer country in the world and it is also the biggest supplier of rice in the world. It has a total production of rice of about 126,518 million metric tons.
10. Japan:-Japan is the 10th largest rice producer in the world. Rice production is significant to the food provided; though rice being a staple division of the Japanese diet. Japan has a total production of rice about 105,925 million metric tons.