Who pays to watch a movie that will make you cry? Apparently, lots of people do. These are the top ten saddest movies that can make you cry no matter how many times you have watched these. These are tearjerkers that you would willingly watch over again because of how good these movies are.
10. Pearl Harbor. War movies are naturally sad. However, what makes this war movie extra sadder is the love triangle that was not supposed to happen. Best friends from childhood, Rafe was always protecting Danny until Rafe’s team fell in the hands of the enemies. Danny took care of Rafe’s girl and they fell in love. Surprising everybody, Rafe came back. Aside from this situation, more heart wrenching events took place.
9. Titanic. Finding a person who will love you unconditionally and makes you feel free may make you feel elated but losing that person is a thousand times depressing. Titanic is a tragic love story that will make you shed an ocean of tears and probably drown in it.
8. Marley and me. Dogs are man’s best friend and whenever one dies, the only thing that people try to believe in is that all dogs go to heaven. Marley was known to be a pain but stayed with his masters until his last breath. This movie will teach audience how much their pets are worth.
7. Ghost. Death fails to end true love. This movie shows how powerful love can be that it may defy rules that separates the death from the living just to protect the person that the departed one loves.
6. Hachi: A Dog’s Tale. Hachi’s loyalty can bring you to tears as well as the realization of how much being nice to your pet and treating them right can earn their loyalty and love you as long as they live.
5. Three Idiots. The movie may be a generally happy one but there’s one particular scene that stands out. The scene wherein a student committed suicide because of shame and sadness of not being able to graduate when his family can barely afford to send him to school because of misunderstanding and difference of preferences with the school superior can definitely make you cry.
4. A Walk to Remember. This movie tackles a number of sensitive issues. The first one is about young people who die from cancer. The second issue is about people having difficulties in reaching their goals in life before they die. Third is bullying. Fourth is falling in love with the seemingly wrong guy or girl. Fifth is marrying someone who is dying. It is about true love and its power to change a person.
3. The Last Song. A father-daughter relationship that needed to be worked out gets fixed before the daughter lost her father. A movie that deals with cancer is definitely a tearjerker knowing how many people are touched by this fatal disease. It is mainly a love story but the heroine’s father’s cancer is much heavier.
2. Armageddon. Having to save the world from total destruction is one good reason to cry but sending out your father and your fiancée to do the job can turn on the waterworks. The possibility of losing one of them will never allow you to even blink.
1. My Sister’s Keeper. Although the ending of the movie is different from the book, it is still as sad. As mentioned, cancer is a sensitive issue to tackle and aside from that, having another child just to prevent your child with the cancer from dying, making it her responsibility to give anything that her sister needs is another story. Not to mention that the one with cancer is wishing that her sister would stop giving her blood, bone marrow, and everything else and just let her rest.