Have you always dreamed of a life far different from what you see around? Have you always prayed for that life which will let you spread those wings and fly high? A life that will make you feel alive. Perhaps, we all secretly dream of that life, but being not sure how to trade on that route, we stay away from exploring it and repent it every day. Not only the uncertainty to be blamed, you also have to fight back those walls of conventions, resistance from near and dear ones, and roadblocks. Walking towards your dream life is not a velvety walk as every step is ready to throw you backwards.
Here are top 10 steps you should embrace and embark on that journey of living the life you love to live. Any new idea is always welcome from you.
10. Create the vision: Until you actually visualize it, you will not be able to trade it. So write down your ultimate dream-life and put it into a sticky note. Now paste it somewhere where your eyes will be on every next minute.
9. Scrutinize your current life: Analyze the life you are living right now. How is it? How different you want it to be? What are the things which are also there in your dream-life? What are the things which are still missing in the picture?
8. Define the ethics: You cannot live your life without the ethics and values you have running through your blood stream. So, think about it and try to define them. Now, remember that, the road to your dream-life may provoke you to compromise with your set of values. Will you do that?
7. What are those things trying your patience?: Get a clear idea of those things and stuffs which are making your life irritating. So you need to get rid of those things first.
6. Say bye to distractions: Distractions, delusions and unnecessary commitments often stand as roadblocks and restrain us from pursuing our dream-lives. So you need to bid them adieu in order to make your road clutter-free.
5. Redefine your relationships: Are they over-priced or under-valued? Are they standing as your pillar of support or dragging you back? The list should include both your personal and professional relationships.
4. Communicate your plans: You are a social animal surrounded by parents, spouse, partner, kids and friends. Your dream-life must not bring nightmare to them or hurt them because they are special for you. So before you get set and go, tell them your plans in advance.
3. Manage your finance: Dream-life does not come for free. You need money to earn it and enjoy it. So try to plan your savings and finance ahead.
2. Read and Research: If you are not going for a mentor, then read as much as you can about the life you are going to live. Enlighten yourself with the best facts, figures and everything.
1. Expect disappointment: Last but not least, always be ready for the setbacks. There are millions like you. So don’t lose your heart if something goes wrong.