Steeling has been considered as an art by many famous thieves throughout the time from when the world has been created. Irrespective of what type of element they are steeling weather money, any art piece, jewelry etc. they consider this their art and sometimes their necessity. Though with the advance technology there are things made like CCTV Camera etc to save the world from thieves, then even there are many thieves who has successful in getting their target done without suffering the consequence., here are the top ten successful thieves of the era who were successful in their plans of robbery
10. French Vacuum Gang: It was a gang of thieves that had attempted a robbery in the super market of France in the year 2006. Taking the advantage of the weak system of storing the cash, the gang with the help of two simple tools, the drill and a modified vacuum cleaner had successfully empted the cash of the supermarket.
9. Credit Lyonnais Paris Burglars of 2010: A burglar has successfully empted about hundreds of safety deposit boxes of the Credit Lyonnais bank, in Paris. They took away about millions of Euros and other valuable articles. The incident took place when the bank was closed for the renovation; the burglars enter into the bank through the basement from the neighboring cellar.
8. Carl Gugasian: Carl Gugasian was a system analyst; this graduate from the University of Pennsylvania wanted to excel himself in the crime world. He committed his first crime by stealing a car, later he began to rob the bank with such planning, that police will not able to stop him. He uses to rob on Friday only that is why he was also named as the Friday Night Robber. He uses to rob on banks of small town and where the closing time was late.
7. Paris Modern Art Museum Burglar
In May 2010, a robbery occurred in the Paris Museum of Modern, from there the master piece of arts like the Picasso and Matisse which was valued around 100 million Euros by one single thief.
6. Derek “Bertie” Smalls
Small was a respected member in the underworld of the London from 1960 onwards and had a strong team who would help him in robbing the banks with arms. He was involved in the record making robbery of 237,736 Euros from the Barclays Bank. It was the highest amount of money that was robbed till that time.
5. Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Robbers: They were the two persons who stole the art pieces worth $500,000,000. They entered the museum by impersonating Boston Police officers and took away the art piece with ease.
4. The School of Turin Robbers: A robbery took place in the school of Turin in the year 2003 by the team of Leonardo Notarbartolo. It was a greatest diamond robbery in the history, which was executed successfully with the help of modern technology.
3. Baker Street Burglary: The Baker Street robbery took place in 1971, in London by a team of well-equipped thieves who stole £3million worth of cash. However Policemen had reached the place at the time of robbery but since they found no damage on the vault door, police assumed they came to the wrong bank and left, leading to a successful robbery.
2. Pink Panthers: They are the Siberian gang of jewel thieves, who has made many glamorous robberies in their bold style and planning. They have successfully robbed one hundred twenty jewelry stores across twenty countries.
1. Albert Spaggiari: Albert Spaggiari who is best known for masterminding behind the Societe Generale bank robbery in France, 1976 was a French career criminal. He committed his first robbery in order to impress his girlfriend.