No mommy, (especially first time moms) would want induction. Right? That’s why every expecting mother should try some natural ways to induce labor to avoid the pain (and costly) ceasarian procedure.
10. Talking to your little one. Touching the belly of the expecting mother, humming lullabies and talking to the baby stimulates the mother and child connection. Encouraging the little one to come out will help soothe labor pain and make the child wonder how beautiful the outside world is.
9. Stress debriefing. Stress is actually a no-no when the due date is near. Expecting mothers should relax for this duration in order to give in to labor. Talking to the birth partner, some mothers of same age bracket, own mother and mother-in-law will surely lessen the stress of waiting for the little one to come out.
8. Eating spicy food. A balanced diet is encouraged for expecting mothers. They can try any food or viand that is hot and spicy during the week of the expected due of her baby. This will trigger labor as long as it is not paired with cold drinking water, for it will defeat the purpose.
7. Tomato based viands. Lycopene and Omega3 will help regularize blood flow of the expecting mother. Eating healthy is strongly advised throughout the pregnancy, most especially during this exciting month.
6. Munching some watermelons. Increased fluid intake helps expecting mother to bring about naturally induced labor. Watermelon, and other fruits are nutritious and delicious substitute for water.
5. Pineapple. Bromelain is an enzyme that helps induce labour is actually present in this yellow fruit- pineapple. It also contains nutrients that will help a mother and child diet.
4. Brisk walking. Of course, gynecologists advise pregnant women to keep an active and healthy lifestyle, but increasing the repetition will really help you perspire and bring about the labor as expected. Some hospitals even advise expecting mothers to walk within the perimeter or up and down some floors.
3. Sex. Any stimulation is believed to help naturally induce labor such as heavy kissing, nipple stimulation and yes, sex. The complexity of semen is such that it carries estrogen, prostaglandins and oxytocin. And oxytocin somehow helps to bring on labor. So, go and cuddle with your birth partner.
2. Squat position. If you think that you are in labor pains, and want to continue this naturally, the squat position and doing some light, slow squats will help you. Observe regular breathing and control the pain for as long as the patient can. If the patient feels as if she is about to poo, then that’s the signal of real labor.
1.Watching suspense or mystery films. Diverting the attention to a film will lessen the stress of the long wait. A suspense film will help increase the breathing that is needed to bring on labor. However, horror films are not included in the list because of the stress that it will bring to the expecting couple.
NOTE: These are suggestions only, every pregnancy, labor and delivery is different from another. But as they say, there is no pain in trying.