In the course of life, we face so many ups and downs that it becomes critical sometimes to keep the mental sanity at its place. We all are not curved out of stones; hence we have our share or emotions too. But we must not let depression snatch away our happier times too. Here are top 10 ways through which you can ensure good mental health to yourself.
10. Value who you are: Unless you know your value, it will be hard for others to realize how much valuable you are. So know yourself, respect yourself and stop criticizing yourself at every point in life. Spend time for something that makes you happy.
9. Take care: A healthy mind resides only in a healthy body. So if you are not healthy physically, your mind will never be happy, no matter what you do. So eat healthy food, don’t let any addiction rule you, drink lots of water, do regular exercise and give your body enough rest.
8. Be with healthy people: Spending time with people with healthy mind and body will definitely inspire you to be like them too. Researchers have found that people with a good and happy family and friends are mentally healthier than others.
7. Support a cause: Being a Good Samaritan sends happy signals to your brain and makes you feel better. So do good to others, help people who are in need of that, give unconditionally without thinking about how much virtue you have earned through it.
6. Let your mind take rest: A human mind tends to work 24x7x365…infinity. Sometimes it needs a bit of rest. But it is not easy to stop your mind from thinking. So start meditating and you will soon realize the bliss of a quiet mind. It will also help you to listen to your inner voice.
5. Be realistic in thinking: Unrealistic expectations often lead to depression. So whether it’s your personal or professional life, do not expect anything magical or supernatural or extraordinary. Set logical goals for yourself by assessing your skills and drawbacks.
4. Don’t lead a boring life: Breaking rules is the norm when it’s your life if you don’t want to live a total boring and monotonous life. Take a break when it’s least expected, unplug yourself from your social life, ride a bus or train or anything you wish and leave for unknown.
3. Face the refusals of life: Life does not accept all the applications you send. Some gets rejected too. Face the refusals instead of escaping from it. Accept rejections as a part of your life.
2. Stay away from addictions: They are the Pandora’s box which can only offer you frustrations, disappointment and death at the end. But grow positive addictions to books, literature, art and philanthropy.
1. Seek help when required: When you get a high temperature, you visit a doctor. Likewise, when your mind is not well, seek help. Nobody has ever said that if your mind gets sick sometime, that is something not normal. So don’t afraid of seeking help for your mental health.