Anger is the most common, yet the most unpredictable emotions of human beings. It sheds our inhibitions in no time and brings out the actual self which often hides itself beneath the cloak of subconscious self. It’s said that the words come out from the mouth of an extremely angry person is true. So we need to keep a check on this particular emotion, but we often fail to do so as when anger hits our heads, we completely lose control over our thought processes.
So here are top 10 things you must do if you are angry behind imagination.
10. Let it come out: Suppressing anger is not only bad, but unhealthy too as it may cause cardiac issues or ulcers later on in your life. Healthier is he who lets his anger come out. Just remember that when it’s here present in the universe then it must have a purpose to serve. If you try to suppress it for long, it may find the worst way of outburst, which can be destructive.
9. Differentiate action from reaction: Anger is a way of reacting to some happenings or someone’s acts. But don’t lead it to some actions which can change your life in an unwanted way. Rather shout at the person and when you have spitted out the anger, think about it in a cool mind.
8. Find out the reason behind your anger: We often get angry for some trivial reasons. Mostly, previous mood-offs lead to a sudden outburst. For example, you had a bad day at office and after coming back to home you shout at your spouse for a tasteless meal. So finding out the real cause behind your anger is very important.
7. Channelize your anger: If you are angry over a long period of time, but don’t know what to do with it then join gym and channelize your temper in building up muscles. This will keep you fit and engage your mind in something new for a while.
6. Breath in and out: If you are trying not to react then delay your anger by taking deep breath and count 1 to 10 and then again 10 to 1. Slowly breathe in and out and don’t keep your jaw tight.
5. Think of something else: Try to divert your attention by thinking of something more significant or something that can make you smile instantly.
4. Analyze yourself: If you are upset over yourself like no increment or a blunder then try to analyze the situation and your faults. Now, work on that so it never happens again.
3. Avoid the blame game: We often blame the whole universe except ourselves. So try to accept your role in spoiling the situation too.
2. Leave the place: Nothing is like leaving the place and taking shelter in a place or room where you can be at ease with yourself.
1. Think before you confront someone: You may want to face your ex and give a tight slap. But wait! Think about the pros and cons before you go and meet your enemy.