Meditation is an effective way to calm your mind and relax the body. In today’s competitive living and business environment, people accumulate too much of stress during the day. Too much of stress is bad for your health and could make you sick. One of the best ways to release stress from your mind is to start to meditate every day at least for 20 minutes a day. But most people do not know how to meditate effectively. This article would explore 10 effective tips of effective meditation.
1. Do not breathe too slow or too fast. Maintain your natural rhythm when breathing. If you breathe too slow or too fast it would make meditation look like an artificial task. Thereby making it boring and compelling you to give it up too early.
2. Do not eat too much or too less before meditating. Eating too much may help you fall asleep halfway. Eating less may lead to making you feel hungry halfway. Both should be avoided for an effective meditation practice.
3. Sit on a comfortable cushion or chair. Otherwise you would feel pains in your knees and legs and would be distracted from the practice.
4. Closing your eyes at the beginning on the practice would help you to concentrate more than meditating with open eyes. Open eye meditation could distract the beginner.
5. Set aside a specific time every day for the practice of meditation. Following a time table would make the practice easier and enjoyable. You know in advance that you have to meditate at this particular time and you could avoid any appointment at that specific time.
6. Use latest technology such as a guided meditation CD or brainwave entrainment CD to facilitate your meditation at the beginning. This could help stop the mental chatter and calm your mind more effectively.
7. Select a special place in your home for meditation. Make the environment in that particular place, more calming and remove photos hanging on the wall or any other visual distractions from there.
8. Take a warm shower before meditation. This would help your body to relax more easily. A relax body means a relax mind. When you relax the body it would be easy to relax your mind.
9. Switch off your mobile and keep your land phone aside,before you are meditating. Do not allow the phone to disturb your meditation practice. If you have a separate room, better lock the room so that no one can disturb you while you are meditating.
10. Be patient with yourself and do not judge or compare your results with anyone else’s. No two people will get similar results from meditation. The results would differ according to each individual’s inner state of mind. Never compare or judge your results. Just know that whatever the result is, it is best for you at that particular moment. Things may improve in the future, if you don’t give up too soon.
Above tips should help you to continue the practice of meditation and achieve a peaceful mind and a relaxed body.