In this super-smart age, the very thought of writing a letter to your love in pen and paper may sound archaic. But, trust me, if you can do this perfectly, your love will never be able to forget you in his or her entire life. Such is the eternal charm of a love letter and nothing can replace the priceless importance of those written words. It carries the touch of that special one, wrapped up with the warmth of heart. Hence the feelings will never go unnoticed. SMS and Skype chat messages can never put that impression.
So here I am going to tell you the top 10 tips to put the ‘love’ quotient in your love letter.
1. Addressing should be special: It’s the first thing the person will notice after opening the letter. So make it the best by using that special name you fondly call your love. Every relationship has a special and secret nickname. Use that.
2. Express the purpose of writing this piece: There must be a reason that you have chosen this unique way of expressing your thoughts. State that object clearly.
3. Detail some beautiful memories: Nothing is like bringing back some sweet memories through your written words; especially, those memories which are old enough to be forgotten. He or she will love to relive those moments once again while reading your love letter.
4. Say what’s so special about him/her: It must be the personality or that charming smile or may be the creative side that may have amazed you, roped you to fall in love with this person. Write about those special qualities which have drawn you towards him or her.
5. Write how that person has changed your life: You might be a shy person or too serious, but deep down inside there was a jovial kid hidden inside. It’s this person who brought that hidden self out in the sunshine. Why don’t you say how he or she has changed your life forever in your words?
6. Choose your pen and paper carefully: After all, you are going to write a love letter. So it has to be special. Don’t pick up a random paper; buy some colored handmade ones from the market. Choose green or red or purple ink.
7. If you are using computer then do it artfully: If you are going to type the letter in your computer and then take a print out; choose your fonts artfully. Go for fonts like Comic Sans MS which gives a humanly touch to the A4 paper.
8. Give the perfect finishing touch: Wrap it beautifully. Put it in a nice envelope. Write the recipient’s details in cursive.
9. Take some time before dispatch it for delivery: Keep it to yourself for a day or two before you go and drop it in the post box. You need to feel the temptation and urge.
10. No need to be a perfectionist: Being perfect or politically correct are not your aims while you write a letter to your love. Just be yourself and pour your heart out.