Press releases are supposed to generate exposure, opportunity and profits. The secret behind getting publicity which translates into profits through press releases is finding something like an event that is newsworthy and relating it with your business or company. Here are top ten ideas on how you should creatively and innovatively come up with a great press release.
10. Calendar events:
Events are sure-fire-ways of getting your business on the headlines. For instance, you can sponsor a local football team or sponsor a race that is dedicated towards a noble course such as raising money to help diabetic patients. This is a great way of putting your business in the headlines. You can write an amazing press release from such events.
9. You can also consider writing letters to the editor that address issues related to what your business or industry deals with. By bringing these issues to the forefront and trying to highlight solutions to some of the problems in the industry, you will show your passion for the industry and the customers involved. The letter can be used to generate a press release.
8. Writing articles on solving problems. If you dedicate yourself to writing articles that offer tips on how to solve certain problems, you will be able to attract attention to your products and services. You can simply make the press release newsworthy by mentioning some statistic or recent studies/researches.
7. You should also think about local human interest stories and relate them with your business. Try to highlight something new about your customers and staff so as to make the press release newsworthy.
6. Query letters are also great in generating that much needed publicity. You should ensure that you stick to current issues when coming up with topics for the press releases that you write.
5. Opinion editorials. Although you can stir the pot a little bit so as to incite the readers, you should be careful to avoid offending your core customers. The controversy can only be good for your business if it doesn’t offend your most profitable customers.
4. You should also ensure that you utilize people’s advancements such as awards and promotions that some of your staff members get. In fact, if a staff member contributes to the community in some way you should also generate a press release from the development. Showcasing the professionalism of your employees is a good way of adding some healthy credibility to your business.
3. Utilizing small feature stories and getting them published on the daily newspapers, is a good way of demonstrating the significance of your company to the society. For example, as a software producer, you should write a feature story on how the software helped a business owner.
2. You should write press releases every time you introduce a new product or service in your company. Make sure that you tie the press release with a problem that can be solved by your product or service.
1. Large feature stories. Such stories are good for putting any subject into a clearer perspective. The stories will come in handy in keeping your products or services fresh in the minds of your prospects.