A sore throat is a painful condition and needs to be addressed immediately before it gets worsened. You cannot eat, drink or even breath properly sometimes with a sore throat. There are several ways that you could get a swollen throat and the most common is a viral infection. Influenza is one of the most prevalent viruses that is responsible for creating a sore throat in an individual.
Remedies for sore throats could be divided in to three categories. The most common is home remedies. Other remedies includes over the counter remedies and allopathic medicine. Here we are going to discuss 10 effective ways of curing a sore throat immediately.
1. Never drink cool water when you are having a sore throat. Always drink hot or lukewarm water. This would help to relieve the unbearable pain to some extent.
2. Take a face sauna. Steaming the face and throat area is another effective home remedy for a sore throat. Put some mint to a basin of hot water and cover your head with a towel and hold your face over the basin. Inhale as much as possible the hot vapor coming from the basin. This is an instant cure for swollen throats.
3. Take a table spoon of vinegar. This can be taken plain or added to a cup of lukewarm water and gargled. A very effective remedy for sore throats.
4. Drink 2 table spoons of plain lime juice. Do it 3-4 times a day to relieve the pain. It could be a little bit painful as lime contains citric acid, but continue with it for effective results.
5. Gargle the throat with saltwater. Salt is an effective antiseptic and could kill germs fast.
6. Chop black current leaves in to two table spoons, simmer it in a cup of hot water for 15 minutes and gargle your throat with it. Very effective in relieving the pain immediately.
7. Take 2 table spoons of dried sage and ½ table spoon of red pepper, mix in one cup of water and keep overnight. Gargle the throat in the morning. This may cause some pain due to the red pepper involved but it is very effective in soothing the throat later on.
8. Drink tea mixed with anise mint. This could be bought from the local supermarket or drug store. Another effective home remedy for sore throats.
9. Take mint lozenges as an over the counter remedy for sore throats. It would sooth your throat and help relieve the pain immediately.
10. Aloe Vera juice is another miracle home remedy for a sore throat. It is now available at most of the local supermarkets or drug stores. If not, you could prepare it on your own by getting a branch of an Aloe Vera plant. Scrape the content in side of the plant, add water and blend it.
The above 10 home remedies are very much effective in relieving a painful sore throat immediately.