Cancer is one of deadliest disease of this 21st century. It does not happen overnight. It can be foreseen if you do not ignore its probabilities. Most people become aware after they cross their primary stages. But if you want to stay away from the grasp of this deadly disease, you need to make a few simple changes in your daily lifestyle. Take a look at some useful tips.
1. Drink a lot: A study published by The New England Journal of Medicine shows that men who drink a lot throughout the day can slash their risk of bladder cancer almost half. Similarly, women with higher water intake can prevent the risk of colon cancer.
2. Use garlic all the time: The sulphur present in garlic stimulates the natural immune to prevent the cancer and also, to reduce the growth of tumor.
3. Green tea: Taking up a habit of green tea is another important step to prevent the disease. Study reveals that it can block variety of cancers. It also protects us from heart disease.
4. Sunbath for 15 minutes: Sunlight is a very useful component. Vitamin D which is present in sun rays is a great healer of such fatal diseases. So, to protect yourself from such infections take sun bath of minimum 15 minutes every day.
5. Goodness of Broccoli: Microwaving broccoli destroys almost 97% of its food nutrients. Otherwise broccoli is another cancer preventive vegetable. So eat steamed broccoli instead of microwaving it.
6. Morning cereals: Mix half cup of blueberries in your morning cereals. Blueberries with their antioxidant power reduce the growth of unstable compounds that can damage cells which leads to diseases like cancer.
7. A peg of beer: Helicobacter Pylori, the bacterium which can cause cancer and possibly linked to stomach cancer, can be prevented by drinking beer. But don’t overdo it. Hard drinks can cause mouth, throat, liver and breast cancer if you put no limit to it.
8. Eat artichokes: A great source of silymarin and an antioxidant, artichoke prevents skin cancer. To make it edible, first peel off the hard skin then cut it off and steam or boil it until it becomes tender. Eat it with vinaigrette or garlic mayonnaise. Add little butter or lemon juice to make it tasty.
9. Add Brazil nuts: They are rich sources of selenium, a trace mineral that destroys cancer cells and helps cell to repair their DNA. A five years study of Cornell University and the University of Arizona revealed that daily intake of 200 grams selenium present in two unshelled brazil nuts results in 39% overall decrease in cancer death.
10. Grill some Salmon: It is proved by the scientists that people who eat four or more serving of fish in every week are nearly one-third less likely to develop blood cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. Another research shows that eating salmon, mackerel, halibut, sardines, and tuna, as well as shrimp and scallops reduce the rate of endometrial cancer in women as these fishes have omega-3 fatty acid in them.