Mind chatter is a big problem for most people. It can lead us to a stressful life and make us sick, if we don’t find a way to control it. If your mind is chatting without stopping it can lead you to various emotional issues and loss of energy or lethargic issues. The mind uses a lot of energy in order to sustain this chatter. That is why most people feel bored and loss of energy at the end of an emotional roller coaster. Stopping the mind chatter is of utmost importance in order to maintain peace and calmness in your life.
We will discuss 10 ways to stop your mind chatter and live in peace. Below are the top 10 methods for it.
1. Relax your mind. Do nothing, just sit and be comfortable relaxing your body and mind completely.
2. Reduce thinking. May be you cannot stop thinking altogether, but you could certainly try to reduce your thoughts. Whenever you start to think, just watch your thoughts. Do not get carried away with the thought. Be aloof or distance yourself from the thoughts.
3. Take deep, slow breaths. Breathing is one of the best ways to calm your mind and stop the unwanted mind chatter. Watching your breath in and out of the nostrils is an effective meditation to reduce the thought sequence of the mind.
4. When your mind is raising with thoughts, try to pay attention to the sensations of your body without any judgment. You’ll notice how some parts of your body is holding more tension than the other parts.
5. Develop your listening habit. Listen to your favorite music. Listen to the sounds of nature. This would calm your mind and help stop mental chatter.
6. Be childlike but not childish. There is a huge difference in being childlike and childish. Being childlike would help to get rid of unnecessary stress accumulated in your mind. This would additionally enhance your creativity too.
7. Be with nature, whenever possible. Go to the beach, to the mountains, smell a rose, listen to the birds chirp. All of these would help you to reduce the unwanted mental chatter. You would be less overwhelmed and stressed.
8. Get enough sleep. Sleeping is one of the best medicines for the mind. This would calm yourmind and make you feel full of energy and relaxed.
9. Be mindful. Whatever you do, do it with full awareness. Do not think something else and do something completely different. Always be mindful and act with full awareness. When you are walking walk and be mindful of walking at that moment. Do not think about something in the past and walk now.
10. Do some physical exercises. Exercising is one of the best ways to keep a healthy body while relaxing your mind. When you exercise your brain releases “feel good” hormones to your blood. This would help to calm down your mind too.
Follow the above 10 tips in order to stop, or at least reduce your mental chatter and live a healthy life.