Doughnuts are best enjoyed with a cup of coffee. Doughnuts are very sweet and come in different flavors. People are familiar with the usual flavors – honey glazed, chocolate, Bavarian, but some doughnut maker tried outlandish variants to change the way people see doughnuts forever. Here are the top ten weirdest doughnut flavors.
10. Strictly Breakfast. A breakfast-themed doughnut flavor called Fruity Pebbles with Cereal Milk reminds everybody of their no-time-to-spare breakfast before going to school. This is a surprisingly pleasant mix with different texture and taste complimenting the soft and sweet doughnut base.
9. So the Soda. People may get confused whether to eat or drink Dr. Pepper flavored doughnuts. Probably, it’s a food and drink rolled into one.
8. Don’t drink and Drive. Mojito and Banana Daiquiri flavored doughnuts in Spain should come with a warning that says drink moderately. The storekeeper should also asked minors for an ID just to make sure that they can legally consume these doughnuts.
7. Shhh! Mello Submarine is topped with cereal and is probably the noisiest doughnut to eat ever. Just make sure that if you are planning to eat in the library, which is prohibited, do not bring Mello Submarine for your forbidden snack. You will definitely bother the library with the noise, which is also strictly prohibited.
6. You want fries with that? Imagine soft fluffy fries dipped in ultra sweet and thick mayonnaise and ketchup. Now that’s no fries. That is the Donut Fries with Cream and Jelly Dipping Sauce.
5. Sugar and Spice. Not all doughnuts are sweet. A solid evidence to back up this statement is the existence of garlic glazed doughnut sold in Dunkin’ Donuts in Korea. This is a way of adding a little spice to your doughnut experience.
4. Zen. Teas are invading the menus of different restaurants around the world. Not even the doughnuts are spared! Green Tea doughnuts are now available and these still have the herby taste and the health and hopefully, the health benefits of green tea.
3. Sticky Situation. If you are familiar with fish balls which is a popular street food in Asian countries, you will have an idea what doughnut balls, a sweeter alternative, is like. It is small doughnut balls in a stick. This makes doughnut eating a bit less messy since you will not get your hands sticky from the icing.
2. Spice up your life! Kimchi doughnut will definitely spice up your life. The spicy flavor mixed with other strong-flavored elements on a soft base will definitely create an interesting total taste. You guessed right. This is available in Dunkin’ Donuts in Korea.
1. Bring home the Bacon. The contrasting tastes of the sweet doughnut and the caramel on it with the salty taste of bacon will probably create an interesting taste. It’s like having a party inside your mouth as your taste buds are tickled by the varying flavors of each element. This is a doughnut worth taking home so your family may also have their doughnut-eating experience taken to a whole new level.