It is the women who are usually having a hard time getting into male-dominated industries. But, the flexibility and ability to multitask allows women to penetrate into such industries, not to mention their persuading skills. Still, there are professions that are dominated by women. Here are those top ten jobs.
10. Secretaries. Although some jealous wives know the risk of their workaholic husbands having a female secretary, and a good-looking one at that, they will never tell their husbands to get a male one. This is because they know how women can be meticulously organized and how they have the ability to multitask, a skill required for the position. Because of this, secretaries and Administrative Assistants are mostly female.
9. Nurses. Women are caring in nature. Their maternal instinct kicks in whenever they recognize somebody’s need to be taken care of. This is one of the major reasons why nurses are mostly female. Women’s consideration, calming, and soothing skills are helpful in dealing with patients and the patients’ families.
8. Gynecologists. Women need another woman to take care of them from down there. People who have first-hand experience in any issue are usually better in dealing with the problems and handling the situation so women feels more confident and more comfortable when they have a female Gynecologist.
7. Child-care workers. Just like nurses, child-care workers need to care sincerely and should never have any issues in expressing their emotions. These characteristics are the reasons why more women are employed as child-care workers. Their maternal instincts guarantee the sincerity of their compassion for children and it is expected that they will be able to handle issues with the families.
6. House Help. Women clearly dominate professions that have something to do with household chores. They understand the consequences if these tasks are not properly performed based on their own experiences.
5. Hairdressers. Anything that has something to do with hair, make-up, and dresses must be dominated by women. Hairdressers mainly, are mostly females or those who are female by heart. This is because they understand how important it is to look good, and their tastes are usually closer to those who are in the same gender.
4. Early Childhood Educators. Women like to delve deeper into matters and find out what are the possible roots of a behavioral problem. This makes them perfect matches for the qualifications of this job because they will be able to stop the problem before it even starts.
3. Shop Assistants. Women do the shopping most of the time and this is why most shop owners hire female assistants. Their varying personalities can help gain loyal customers especially if they are the type who would go the extra mile to provide customer service. They love talking and sharing their opinions which are usually appreciated by female customers.
2. Receptionists. Although some people think that women are usually hired as receptionist because they look good, it is not the main reason. Contrary to the popular belief that receptionists just smile, talk to people and answer the phone, the primary skill needed for this job is multitasking without any of the tasks being neglected.
1. Pole Dancers. Pole dancing is a difficult job. You have to deal with drunk, horny males that are there to ogle, show off to their friends, or have a good time. Just try to imaging if pole dancers are male and you’ll understand why.