The effects of global warming and the general costs of living during these challenging economic times have compelled most businesses and households to embrace the techniques of utilizing solar energy. Here are the top ten benefits and reasons as to why most people prefer solar energy.
10. The energy is renewable: Solar energy is always there and can never be exhausted. In other words, you don’t have to worry about running out of the energy from the sun. That also means that you won’t experience the disturbing power cuts that people who depend on power companies go through.
9. It is environmentally friendly: Solar energy doesn’t release the dangerous greenhouse gases that affect the ozone layer and thus bringing about global warming. So, instead of using fossil fuels that contain carcinogens, carbon dioxide and the greenhouse gases, you should consider investing in solar energy.
8. Solar panels are exceptionally reliable: You don’t have to deal with several maintenance routines since the panels don’t have moving parts. You can generate up to 1000s of electrical power without going through the hassles of maintaining your solar panels as you would have done with other electrical power generating plants or methods.
7. The Solar cells don’t make noise when collecting the solar energy: Besides being renewable, just like the other energy sources, solar energy is completely silent. This means that they can be used for generating electric power in quiet places such as commercial buildings that have offices and conference halls
6. Solar energy is cheaper: Although the initial cost of investing in the solar panels cannot be probably compared to your monthly utility bills, they can be extremely cost effective in the long run. You will get a return on investment by getting the solar energy panels unlike you would do with the payment of monthly bills.
5. Availability of a wide range of solar energy panels: So depending on your budget, you can get yourself the right solar panel suitable for your needs. In fact, you should also invest in solar panels depending on your exact needs. For instance, solar panels for residential buildings are pretty smaller as compared to those suitable for large commercial buildings or industries. There is a solar panel for everyone in the market.
4. You don’t have to connect to the power grid: You can choose to be absolutely self-sufficient by living off the grid. This means that contrary to common believe, you don’t have to pay certain monthly bills or even charges with the solar panels.
3. You can sell surplus electricity: With a large solar panel system, you should spin your electric meter backwards! There are several power companies out there that are willing to credit you for the excess electric power. However, you should contact your power company to get more details on how this works if you are interested.
2. The government tax credits: Most governments, from across the world, offer tax credits or some kind of incentives to businesses or individuals who reduce their green footprints by investing in harnessing and using solar energy. Averagely, rebates will cover just about 30% of the unit’s costs. It’s advisable that you contact your local representative to get more details about it.
1. The advancements in solar technology: The technologies involved in the harnessing and utilization of solar energy keep improving every year by almost 50%. So, you can be innovative and think about ways of using the cheaper solar energy for your business or household. If you are a business owner, you will obviously realize improved returns due to the cut down on the unwarranted monthly bills.